Supplies: Towel Rack, Fasteners
What to look for/Be careful of: Make sure the rack you buy fits in the area you are installing it in.
For Example: Make sure all doors will be able to open and close after you install it.
Tools: BK Cordless Drill, BK drill bits, BK Level and stud finder.
- By placing the towel rack against the wall with your hands figure out where and what light you would like to install it at.
Note: At this point make sure the rack does not interfere with the usage of the room.
1. With a pencil mark one side of the towel racks position on the wall
2. Using your BK level make a level line longer than the towel rack.
3. Position the rack holes (top holes) on the line. Mark each hole.
4. Take your stud finder and run it along your line to determine if there are studs in the places where the rack will connect to the wall.
5. In-Stud – If there is a stud pick a drill bit smaller than the diameter of screw and drill a pilot hole half the depth of the length of the screw. NO STUD – Take your self drilling anchor and place it firmly against the wall and drill it into the pencil marks.
6. Place the rack over the prepared fastener holes or both and put one screw in each side to hold it in place then complete the process alternating sides.
Note: Do not fully tighten the screws until all of the screws are ¾’s in their holes or fasteners.
Checking your work: Lightly pull on the rack to see if it is loose and needs more tightening if its not loose your job is done.